Bing Search

TV News

Shain Gandee
© AP / Shain Gandee
W.Va. sheriff: Carbon monoxide killed 'Buckwild' star

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) -- Authorities in West Virginia say a star of the MTV reality show "Buckwild," who was found dead in his truck along with two passengers, died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Shain Gandee, 21, his uncle and another passenger were found dead Monday. Gandee's 1984 Ford Bronco was stuck in a mud hole, its tail pipe submerged. It's possible the gas could have filled the cabin because of the clogged exhaust pipe.

Bing: Celebs react to 'Buckwild' star's death

The Kanawha County Sheriff's Department says autopsies completed Tuesday confirmed the three men died from the gas.

Their deaths have been ruled accidental.

The victims' bodies have been released to funeral homes, but no arrangements have yet been announced.

Shooting for the second season of the show set around Sissonville and Charleston has been suspended.

 
 
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.